Friday, 7 June 2013

JUNE DAYS--BLOOMS AND PASSINGS

Just finishing the first week of June.
2013 CURTAINS

Despite the weather fluctuations, gardens are flourishing and trees are covered with beautiful leaves. Purple irises, yellow pansies, red geraniums decorate the garden.

This month is full of birthdays and anniversaries, graduations and vacations, even the NHL playoffs.

A full year has passed since the passing of a family member. 

When I see the curtains wafting in the breeze, I am reminded of the fleeting nature of time in our changing seasons.

Have a great weekend, All!






4 comments:

Hannah said...

My thoughts are with you, Patricia. So beautiful...life can be so bitter sweet...I love the image...one of my favorite feelings...being indoor near a wind-filled window. ♥

Patricia A. McGoldrick said...

Thanks so much, Hannah.
I have long been inspired by Andrew Wyeth's painting "Wind from the sea". Funny, isn't it, how such a small thing can give such joy and wonder? :)

Kay L. Davies said...

I love this photo, Patricia. It's beautiful, and very much late-spring-early-summer.
June is the month when both of my parents had their birthdays (he was a few weeks older) so I know about anniversaries of relatives passing, and the bittersweetness Hannah mentioned.
Thanks for your comment on my poem for Izy's challenge at Real Toads. You're the only one who noticed the rhythm came from the Christmas poem!
It just happened, with the manhole cover opening, when the words "out of the ground there arose" popped into my head, and I took it from there.
K

Patricia A. McGoldrick said...

Kay, thanks for the comment on my photo & post. I can see why June brings back memories to you.
I wrote another post in my other blog at http://pm27.wordpress.com/2013/06/08/funeral-memorial-services-outside-the-chapel/; I would be honoured if you stopped by to read it.

At Izy's, that familiar rhythm came to mind & I can understand how that scene inspired you! :)