- Found--"recipe for relaxation" coffee drink ad from the 80s. I think you might recognize the tin of an instant coffee mix in this photo. This tin is now a plasticized container, owned by Maxwell House. The contents are still tasty to mix for a cool drink (non-alcoholic), an annual treat for hot summer days. However, for the last couple of years, I was unable to obtain this Swiss Mocha item in the usual grocery stores. Recently, I have discovered that it is still available in the U. S. Glad to know that it will still be possible to enjoy this thirst quencher in future heat waves!
- Just received the current issue of Verse Afire, the publication by The Ontario Poetry Society to which I belong. This issue contains many poems on a sports related theme. I submitted a small poem that I wrote about "Basketball" and I am glad to see it here in print among a wide-ranging collection of poetry.
- Clouds have been floating through the sky these days--amazing sights! From the deck, I have a great view of this panorama, beyond the shade of an awning installed this spring. It is a "recipe for relaxation", with or without a coffee drink!
- Time for a few summer reads--enjoying an ebook read on an iPad. For me, Blue Jeans and Coffee Beans by Joanne DeMaio is a timely read for an August break.
- Enjoy the summer, Part II!
|2013 Cloud view beyond the awning!|