Saturday, 25 January 2014

2014 JANUARY INTERLUDE

This year, Robbie Burns Day was ushered in with snow, snow and more snow. The accompanying winds have made driving treacherous, with many roads being closed to traffic.
2014 JANUARY WHITE!


Now, I know that some will just think that it is perfect weather to sit back, maybe have a sip or two and just chill for the day.

The snow has its own beauty as it transforms the landscape. Today's winter wonders inspired me to write this haiku for the occasion.

White whipped cream snow drifts
Curve in front of garage door
Westerlies prevail
© 2014 Patricia A. McGoldrick


Yesterday, another snowy one, our neighbourhood experienced a shutdown of the local cable and internet service provider. This lasted for several hours and turned out to be a great time to catch up on some writing and a winter read while some potato soup was brewing in the slow cooker. Susanna Kearsley's The Splendour Falls was an excellent distraction!

Cheers to all on this blustery day!


Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

wrightingwords said...

I love the look of snow, but I must say that I'm not too enamoured when it comes to moving it. I'm a big Susanna Kearsley fan, too. Love her books.

Patricia A. McGoldrick said...

Heather, agree about the snow! :)

MarmePurl said...

I do love snow photos so much. So very pretty.

Patricia A. McGoldrick said...

Thanks! :)